Hi! It's firefly114, author from inkpop and fictionpress and owner of the Fire Me Up website! I'm also Mischief1Managed on fanfiction.net and Amortentia Black on mugglenet. Here's my blog, for rambles and updates. If you have any requests (and I love requests) of things you want me to give my opinion on, or questions to answer, shoot me an email at laurel.firemeup@gmail.com or ask on my formspring widget on the lower right side.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Voice Attempt Numero Uno

I don't consider myself a singer, but people tell me I don't have such a bad voice and I can at least carry a tune. I've been writing lyrics for a while and I've been active on a forum occasionally, and someone approached me about recording something of theirs, so I decided it was time to start making demos. So I made one. A really rough one. 

You can listen to it on my soundcloud here: 

cover - Little Talks

I sang "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men. In retrospect, it was a really hard song to cover. There are both male and female parts to the song, which meant that there were different ranges, and the band is Icelandic, so some of the lyrics are a bit hard to fit in without the help of their beautiful accent. It just sounded kind of weird in an American accent, to be honest. I should probably record a song where I actually sound good. I don't have any voice training at all, this is all raw. I should also probably sit farther away from my computer next time...

If anyone has any suggestions of songs to cover, let me know! 

Brave at Heart now has three chapters! Woohoo! I've got a little over a week until I move into university, so I'm hoping to crank out another chapter before then. 

xxx
Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love to know what you think.