Hi! It's firefly114, author from inkpop and fictionpress and owner of the Fire Me Up website! I'm also Mischief1Managed on fanfiction.net and Amortentia Black on mugglenet. Here's my blog, for rambles and updates. If you have any requests (and I love requests) of things you want me to give my opinion on, or questions to answer, shoot me an email at laurel.firemeup@gmail.com or ask on my formspring widget on the lower right side.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Death in Notebook Form

Currently listening to:
Happy by Fischerspooner


I still have to load my photos from Europe, so here are some newly edited, both old and new photos. 

We grow purple cabbages. 
summer 2011


A column in the Roman Forum, Jerusalem
summer 2010

 Gateway to the West, St. Louis, Missouri.
spring 2009

In the writing world, I'm still toiling away on the outline for Meridian. Between that, taking college classes (which are death in notebook form), and preparing to have jaw surgery in two weeks, I haven't had much time for anything else.  What little free time I have is going into a new interest, fanfiction. (Look at the pretty tab up there!) I've battled with the ups and downs of writing fanfics, but seeing as I'm still outlining Meridian and not writing yet, I wanted to do a little writing, and it's just a creative outlet that doesn't take up too much of my time or energy--I need all of it for class! So I've decided to write a full-length prequel to the Harry Potter books, which will answer a lot of questions and feature our favorite Marauders. It won't be one of those silly who-dates-who and 'prank wars' fics, it's actually going to have a plot. They're in the middle of a war, for goodness sake! And the Marauders aren't going to be the usual self-absorbed inflated-ego pranksters we usually see in fanfics. Well, sometimes it happens, but there's always a reason for everything. The characters are human, after all. The working title is "Brave at Heart" so please, email me or message me if you want to hear more!
I also just finished a short story for a challenge. It's here, and if you're interested, I'd love it if you took a look and left a comment:
Our Heads Could Do With Filling by Mischief1Managed
SUMMARY: In which Harry asks for girl advice and Sirius has just the story from his years at Hogwarts. "Mate, I always thought she rather fancied you but..." he shook his head. "Now I reckon she just likes to make your life difficult!" Who knew that the Marauders had been putting on such a good show? 
(for more info, check the 'fanfic' tab above)




Hautelinks for a Never-Ending Good Time


25 Hilarious Date IdeasI highly suggest numbers 1,3,6,7, and 16. I could see myself doing all of those things. My friends agree.


Best 100 Opening Lines from BooksStuck with your opening? How about taking a leaf out of the book of one of the Greats? (literally)


Rock Stars Who Look Like WizardsJustin Bieber? David Bowie? Lady Gaga... with wands?


Emotional Bag CheckCheck your emotional baggage or carry someone else's! I actually had a lot of fun with this one. 


Why I'm Glad I'm Not A CelebritySo true. I was on a kids' TV show when I was younger. I've always sort of regretted not continuing with it, but I certainly don't anymore. 


Harry Potter Scandals
Favorite headline: 'Daniel Radcliffe's Sex Life.'
Second favorite: 'Harry Becomes a Dwarf.'
Third favorite: 'The Right to Read.' Actually some interesting legal stuff here for authors. 









1 comment:

Leave me a comment! I love to know what you think.